Tuesday, November 4, 2014

WoW Armory Mobile App

As an owner of an Android smartphone I naturally installed WoW Armory mobile app on my phone.  Right now I am going through my third phone (and I recall at least couple of app updates) with it and experience never changes:

Here's how it works most of the time:


  • Open the App, click OK to use mobile authenticator 
  • Go to AH, click Sell tab, select an item to sell, set up price, click Sell button
  • Enter the password, get "Login Failed" error
  • Say "WTF", click Sell again, type the password, get "Connection Lost" error
  • App crashes


  • Restart the app, go to login, get "Incorrect password".  It was valid  a minute ago?!
  • Wait 3 minutes, start app, log successfully, 
  • Go to AH, click Sell tab, select an item to sell, set up price, click Sell button
  • Enter the password, get "Password is incorrect" error
  • Click Sell button, enter the password get "Login Failed" error
  • Click Sell button, enter the password, get "Too Many Attempts" error
  • Wait 15 minutes
  • Restart the app, click OK to use mobile authenticator 
  • Go to AH, click Sell tab, select an item to sell, set up price, click Sell button
  • Enter the password, auction posted successfully
  • Go back to the list of items, select another one, click Sell button
  • App crashes.
Go to the first bullet to continue with user experience with WoW Armory.

And I admit, the error about incorrect password is on me, but I only encounter it once in a while and given the password policies where it has to be exactly 257 characters long with both Chinese and Lithuanian characters no wonder I mistype it maybe once in 20 logins, but "Login Failed" has nothing to do with my password.  And the fact that I have to type it two-three times to sell a single item on AH is not annoying, this is just plain unacceptable.

No comments: